Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, Human Behavior, you're too kind!

I always know it's coming. There's a definite cycle, of course. However, that doesn't stop it from being annoying. In fact, that makes it worse. I can't really imagine being so unaware of my own actions. And yet, the fact that I am aware, makes life a bit harder for me. Go figure.

So yeah, most people that I meet treat me like garbage at every opportunity the minute they think I'm in their pocket. I'm not entirely sure what it will take to make them understand that when you do that, you should expect that the person you're doing it to will probably not interact with you the same way later. Just because I happen to be quiet, and a little bit odd, doesn't mean that I feel like you're sparing my feelings or doing me some great favor, and that I should be forever grateful to your benevolence in letting me be in your presence to take shit from you. Most are rather surprised that I can only find the patience to say, 'hello,' to them after such an occurrence. Fascinating.

I am not here to be the, 'work horse,' of your friends. The one that you call upon to do all the favors (favors you probably wouldn't return, I might add) and activities completely devoid of any kind of fun because there's no parties going on, or no one else happens to be around. My time is, in fact, very important to me, and yet people would treat it as if it's completely worthless if I let them. Which reminds me that I'm fairly sure someone is about to ask me a favor soon. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but we'll see. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in we'll see exactly how disappointed they'll be.

Just because I don't say anything, doesn't mean you've gotten away with anything, either. I'm sure you think you're hot shit, making obscure references and doing stuff behind my back when you think I'm not looking. Sadly, for you, I'm typically very well aware of these things, and the fact that I don't say something, given my general confrontational nature should tell you three things, if you were as smart as you think you are: A. I don't care. B. I know something you don't. C. Wait until you need something from me. Why is it people always think they can get over on me? I'm not an idiot. Far from it, actually.

Oh! Then there's the people that behave in some unreasonable manner. Could be anything, depends on the situation. But then, when I point out that they're being unreasonable, suddenly it's my fault, and it doesn't matter because I'm supposed to be there to get vented on. Next thing I know, I've got a person not speaking to me, or what have you, even though they know damn well they owe me an apology. Absolutely my favorite! If I decide I want to keep the person around, I've gotta bite the bullet and make them talk to me, and possibly deal with forgoing the apology I'm owed, in order to save their fragile little ego; it doesn't matter if they publicly humiliated me, said horrible things to me, or managed to hurt my feelings (a rare, rare, rare, event), nope, I'm still obligated to be understanding and reasonable about how not understanding and not reasonable they are, yep. Thats real fucking cute. Good thing I only subject myself to such a demeaning and insulting series of events once in a blue moon. Sidenote: if anyone ever tells you women don't have an ego and/or pride to cater to, they are dead wrong, and you should punch that person for having misled you so.

The above is also really similar to this situation. A person knows they have a particular flaw, or are unreasonable about a particular thing. But, instead of using that knowledge to work on not being that way, they instead use that knowledge as an excuse to keep doing it. I don't think I have to explain how little sense this makes. Things like this would blow my mind if I wasn't too busy blowing my mind about other, more important shit.

I really didn't want my first real public post to be angry, but I've been a little frustrated lately. Mainly about how utterly mindless this whole dance is. It's just frustrating all around when you aren't quite as, 'fun and interesting,' (read: typically shallow and focused on very inconsequential things) as other people. And see, this sounds like high school, but it's not. Goes to show, high school never ends! Most of the people that talk to me kinda drop off at the beginning of the year, and then start contacting me later when their new friends turn out to be horrible. Apparently, it's rather offensive when I don't care. Huh. Not really my fault or my problem, but whatever.

Last thing. This is for people that get a bunch of new butt buddies every semester to hang around with: that's fine, but honestly, acting as if you didn't even see me when I wave or attempt to say hello just because you don't think I'm as cool as your new friends is so absolutely childish.

If you ignore me in front of your friends, I'll ignore you when they're gone.



~Vague



*coming soon* Vague tackles the hilarious topic of sex! (sorta)

No comments: